A question I asked myself recently, what if I lost everything in 2022 and now supposed to start again in farming? - Start Farming Now
Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Thursday, June 1, 2023

A question I asked myself recently, what if I lost everything in 2022 and now supposed to start again in farming?




What would I do differently?

1.I would start small don't be in a hurry to make it. Directions is more important than speed
2. Make sure you have the right man power. Human resource is the key factor to a successful farm
3. I would invest in myself too. Learn some basic farming. Attend work shops seminars and prioritize farm visits to other successful farmers for learning
4. Before anything else on the farm, in fact before buying I would first site for water and drill a good yield borehole
5. I wouldn't invest very much in infrastructure. Invest in production and let your produce build your infrastructure one step at a time. Many farms have great structures but no money for production. Avoid going in too big...
5. Plan your farm in detail, plan for every 3 months which is quarterly, plan mid year every six months and plan yearly. Always have a 3 year plan how you want your farm to look or where you expect it to be and a 5 year plan known as the long term plan
6. Prioritize marketing strategies and market research.- Normalize making connections and networking- What good is a product that cant be sold????
7. Be consistent on one thing.. you will hear stories from new farmers like what is more profitable between veggies and piggery or broiler chickens? That's a wrong question.. anything done well and consistently is profitable. What most people lack is consistency

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot